MSSC CPT Plus Certification System | Pre-Hire Skill Assessment
Amatrol’s Skill Boss Manufacturing (95-MSB1) offers organizations performance-based assessment for evaluating the skill levels and competencies of future machine operators. This system fits onto a standard tabletop and features an electric motor, variable frequency drive, human-machine interface, pneumatic pick-and-place module, and much more! When set up, this system will quality test and sort blocks made from plastic and metal.
Skill Boss Manufacturing was designed to assess the hands-on skills needed by today’s modern manufacturing production areas including assembly & machine operation. No other system boasts this many technologies in a portable platform.
Use Skill Boss to Gain MSSC’s CPT Plus Certification
This system is used by the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council (MSSC) for its Certified Production Technician (CPT) Plus certification. The Skill Boss assessment system, designed to meet MSSC standards, is a hands-on skill assessment system that integrates seamlessly into any manufacturing program. MSSC’s CPT Plus program provides proof of an individual’s ability to perform a wide range of hands-on technical skills in electronic, electrical, fluid power, & mechanical systems.
The CPT Program is an industry-led standards-based training, assessment and certification system focused on the core skills and knowledge needed by the nation’s advanced manufacturing workforce. The interactive multimedia curriculum for each program is identical and focuses on building foundational workplace skills for advanced manufacturing careers within areas like safety, quality, manufacturing processes and maintenance, as well as cross-functional skills such as communications, teamwork, customer awareness and workplace conduct. The CPT Plus certification expands on the full CPT credential by providing employees with proof that an individual has the comprehensive technical knowledge and hands-on skills needed to be immediately productive. Candidates are required to first pass the online CPT assessment before they can take the equivalent CPT+ hands-on assessment on the Skill Boss device.
Students will earn an individual certificate for each of the topic areas they are trained and assessed on for the Certified Production Technician (CPT)+ training:
* Quality Practices & Measurement+
* Manufacturing Process & Production+
* Maintenance Awareness+
Obtain a more rounded understanding of the subject matter by training on the hands-on Skill Boss device while simultaneously going through the online CPT training courses.
Skill Boss Evaluates over 60 Essential Manufacturing Skills Including:
- Perform pre-start up inspection
- Demonstrate lockout/tagout procedure
- Confirm safety interlocks on guard are functional
- Confirm zero energy state of all power sources
- Locate and interpret safety data sheet(s)
- Perform measurements using tape measure, caliper, micrometer, & dial indicator
- Compare measurements to GDT specifications on a print
- Measure & verify shaft runout falls within specified tolerance
- Locate parts & fasteners for assembly operation using a blueprint
- Assemble parts using Allen wrenches, wrenches, & screwdrivers
- Use torque wrench to properly tighten a fastener
- Navigate menus on an HMI
- Manually operate cylinders
- Perform an emergency shutdown
- Reset Alarm and restart machine
- Measure cycle time
- Adjust pneumatic lubricator’s drip rate
- Adjust pressure regulator’s setting
- Adjust actuator speed using flow control valves
- Install a pillow block bearing and shaft
- Install a flexible coupling and shaft
- Align and tension a belt drive
- Lubricate a bearing using a grease gun
- Drain an air filter
- Connect pneumatic circuit using a schematic
- Adjust various sensors