Encourage problem-solving, critical thinking, and innovation through STEM.
This student LAB is designed to introduce students to variables of force and motion, electrical engineering, and energy transfer through the fast and sleek 1/10th scale electric car.
The MINDS-i Electric Car Lab comes with visual instructions and all the electronics and hardware needed to assemble the kit. For even more opportunities, this kit is also compatible with most hobby standard DC motors, gears, radio transmitters, servos, bodies, wheels, tires, and more.
This curriculum covers a multitude of engineering concepts including:
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Systems
- Hands-on Projects
- Capstone Projects
- Decorative Panels
- Construction Beams and Connectors
- Drive Lines
- Spur & Pinion Gears
- Motor Gearbox (1)
- Slip Differential (1)
- Rack & Pinion (1)
- Steering Hub (1 pair)
- Rear Hub (1 pair)
- 1/10th Scale Car Wheels & 2-5/8″ Diameter Tires (2 pair)
- MINDS-i tool (1),
- Other necessary hardware
- Hitec® HS-485 Standard Servo (1)
- 40A Speed Controller (1)
- 23500 RPM DC Motor (1)
- 7.2 Volt 3000 mAh Ni-MH Rechargeable Battery (1)
- Battery Charger (1)
- all necessary wires and cables
- 7 Function Multimeter
- 3 Channel Radio Transmitter
Colors may vary.