Set up a virtual heavy equipment training unit for your backhoe loader operator trainees. The Simlog Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator provides valuable time at the controls, ensuring that your trainees achieve maximum proficiency with minimum expense and equipment downtime.
Backhoe Loader Virtual Controls and Operation
Simlog’s Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator can be used with your PC, or it can come pre-installed on the Simlog PC Bundle. Industrial strength controls mimic both a loader backhoe (BHL) and a tractor loader backhoe (TLB) operating in a standard job site.
Industrial strength controls include two industrial strength USB joysticks with a total of 8 push buttons for the thumb plus a trigger. The operator can shift their viewing perspective vertically and horizontally during the simulation. The Simlog Backhoe Loader Personal Simulator is also compatible with the Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel, three-pedal unit, and the G920 Driving Force Shifter to enable other types of control configurations.
The backhoe loader training simulator uses 3D modeling to create five possible color combinations and the ability to toggle between one and two lift arms. Now your training program can provide real-world training that will apply to a variety of pieces of equipment instead of the one piece that you happen to use in the training program.
The Backhoe Loader Virtual Simulator can be mounted on a desktop using brackets that simulate control placement in a live backhoe loader. The virtual simulator can also be used with the Simlog Operator Chair that completes your training setup by supporting all Simlog equipment training types without the need for brackets.
Option 1: One Display Mounted in the front
Option 2: Three Displays to Create a Larger Field of View
Option 3: Add a Rear Display to Simulate Backing Up
Backhoe Loader Operator Training Modules
The Operator Training Management platform tracks 62 key performance indicators to provide real insight into operator performance. By delivering more detail than a simple pass/fail grade, operator trainees gain real insight into opportunities for growth and improvement. Trainees do not need a supervisor to advance through the training modules, which means that they can gain dramatically more time at the controls for a lower cost than with training that requires supervision and time on live equipment.
9 modules build sequentially on skills gained in previous modules. Modules include:
- Controls Familiarization
- Bucket Positioning, for driving forwards and backwards with separate targets for the loader and backhoe buckets
- Stockpiling, to move material from a digging zone to a dumping zone with the loader bucket
- Truck Loading – Loader, using rocks
- Following Grade, with the backhoe
- Truck Loading – Backhoe, using rocks
- Buried Utilities – Parallel Excavation, piping is aligned with the positioning of the Backhoe Loader
- Buried Utilities – Perpendicular Excavation
- Made-to-measure, with dedicated slots for levers, joysticks, pedals, steering wheel, and table-top mounting brackets
- Space for a laptop PC, cables, and documentation
- Pull-out handle, with multiple positions
- Wheels (casters)
- Cases are “stackable,” for easy transport.
- Overall dimensions: 30″ (76cm) x 24″ (61cm) x 19″ (50cm)
- Approximate weight: 50 lbs. (23 kg) when empty, up to 100 lbs. (46 kg) when full (depending upon the Replica Controls.)
See the Simlog Operator Chair in action.